Protect your bees from mite infestation naturally. Our bellows duster makes powdered sugar application a piece of cake.
Use the bellows duster with approximately a cup of powdered sugar without cornstarch to control mites. Beekeepers using this method report a 75%-80% fewer mites in their hives.
We recommend use as follows:
* Use the bellows duster in a hive with a screened bottom board.
* Prop the top of the hive open with a stick, about 8 or nine inches.
* Insert the directional tube of the duster into the colony entrance.
* Vigorously squeeze the bellows until the dust reaches the uppermost box of the hive.
* An alternate method is to dust from the top of the hive downward.
* Be sure to empty the bellows duster completely.
Repeat the procedure 2-4 times in the fall and spring. Fall dusting should begin after honey is removed from the hive, no later than the end of August. Spring dusting should begin when the bees come out of winter. Dustings should be done about 10 days apart.